Plays.tv is one of the best ways to record, review, and share your gameplays. The app has been known to be In fact, it is one of the most popular recording softwares used for League of Legends.
Unfortunately, everything good must come to an end. The developers of Plays.tv announced that the site is closing down. They will also discontinue support for the website and desktop application on December 15.
Thank you for your support thru the years. We’ve really enjoyed working closely with you. On 12/15, we will discontinue support for the https://t.co/ZM4bHnzgEM website & desktop application. Please download your content by then. Learn More: https://t.co/vjmxogJyMb
— Plays (@OfficialPlaysTV) November 20, 2019
This is a very sad news for the gaming community. While there are still a lot more game streaming services out there, it’s still pretty unfortunate to see this go. Some have taken to Twitter to express their disappointment over this. Developers have, in turn, expressed their gratitude for all the support through the years.
So, make sure to download all your videos and screenshots before the deadline. Otherwise, all of your recorded gaming with this service will be lost.
How to download your content
For those who want to preserve their data from the service, you can do so using the web or desktop applications. Here are the steps you can follow from each of them that could prove useful to you.
From the Desktop App:
- On the Uploads tab, select the download icon on the right side for the content that you would like to save.
- After selecting the download icon, the chosen content will automatically start downloading to your default download folder.
From the Web:
- Go to this link to go to your uploaded content. You will need to sign into your account to access your content.
- Select the download icon for the content that you would like to save.
- Once you have selected it, your content will automatically start downloading to your default download folder.
There’s still ample time before the deadline so it’s best to download your content now, specially if there’s a lot there. You’d be surprised to see how much media you’ve racked up over the years if you’re a frequent user.