COVID-19 is causing unprecedented disruption to everyone’s daily life. However happy we might be about streaming platforms giving us temporary free access, I for one am finding staying at home quite tough.
I’m quite lucky to have access to learning resources like language learning apps and Codecademy. The latter has recently launched a great scholarship initiative to help students affected by the pandemic. Just this week, it announced its new initiative called the Learn From Home Club.
At @Codecademy, we want to make sure learning doesn’t stop during these challenging times, so we’ve partnered with @Skillshare, @Quizlet, @Duolingo, and @Brainly to create the #LearnFromHome Club, where you can find offers, tips, and more: https://t.co/v6Slro5zYy
— zach sims (@zsims) April 6, 2020
Join Learn From Home Club and keep learning in quarantine
Learn From Home Club is a new hub of learning resources aimed to help students and learners through this challenging time. It’s the brainchild of five large EdTech companies that joined forces to provide people with low-cost opportunities to learn from home.
When you join Learn From Home Club, you receive access to the following content:
- Programming, web development, data science and other technical courses provided by Codecademy. The company is giving away 10,000 scholarships to Codecademy Pro to high school and college students affected by school closures due to COVID-19;
- Access to online learning community Skillshare offering classes in design, photography, writing and other creative disciplines. Skillshare is also offering 2 free months of Premium Membership to high school and college students;
- Free subscription for teachers to Quizlet resources until June 30, 2020. This tool empowers teachers to support remote learning with a wide range of tools like flashcards, quizzes, virtual classrooms, grading tools, and many others;
- All the resources of everyone’s favorite green polyglot owl, Duolingo. All learning content of 94 courses on 38 languages (including Welsh and High Valyrian) is free through Learn From Home Club; and
- Free access to all content of the learning platform Brainly. This collaboration-focused app allows students from all over the world to get homework help from their peers and teachers.
1/ To help students and teachers affected by COVID-19 and school closures around the world, we are offering 10,000 scholarships to @Codecademy Pro for free to students and teachers across the world. What does this mean?https://t.co/lzI87dieQI
— zach sims (@zsims) March 14, 2020
We think that the resources on offer at Learn From Home Club would be very helpful to teachers and students alike during this difficult time when collaboration is key. And we look forward to what this resource can be once the COVID-19 outbreak is over.