Looking for a way to get read receipts for your emails? Waiting for people to reply to your emails can be very frustrating. Especially if you’re doing something important like waiting to hear back from a job application, then the silence can be deafening. And not knowing if your email has even been read can be the worst part.
While there are some options for emailing from a computer, your choices on mobile are nearly non-existent.
Until now! Mailtrack’s read receipts for Gmail makes it possible to track the read status of emails you send. And now, the software is available for iOS devices and Android phones, as well as on computers.
The add-on is free and sets no limit to the number of emails that can be tracked. The only change you have to make is to accept having “Sender notified by Mailtrack” included in your email signature, which can always be removed whenever you send an email.
You can then get a number of useful metrics to go along with the add-on, like what time your emails get read and who is opening them. These pieces of information can be particularly useful if you’re working in fields like sales or marketing.
Here’s how to install Mailtrack on your iOS or Android device.
How to track emails on an iOS device
Before you add Mailtrack to your iOS device, you need to install it to Chrome first. This process is straightforward and takes less than a minute to complete. If you haven’t done this yet, click this link to read how to install Mailtrack for Chrome.
- In the G Suite Marketplace, find the Mailtrack add-on page. Click the “Install” button.
- A small window will pop up requesting permission to start downloading. Click “Continue”.
- A new window will now pop up. Here, choose which Gmail account you wish to link to Mailtrack for read receipts.
- The next part will be asking for permissions. Click the “Allow” button to continue. At this point, the installation will begin. You can read the exact details of the use of permissions by Mailtrack here.
- Once the installation is complete, you will get a confirmation message.
- Close your Gmail app. The easiest way to do this is by opening the App Switcher, finding Gmail, and swiping it upwards. Alternatively, you can just restart your phone. Once you open up Gmail again, Mailtrack will be installed, and you can start sending tracked emails.
That’s it. You’re done and ready to use read receipts when sending email from your iPhone or iPad.
Photo credit: The feature image has been taken by Bernardo Ramonfaur.