Going by her nickname “Ginni” this woman has worked her way up to the top of one of the leading technology enterprises in the world. We took a closer look at who Ginni is and where she came from. An inspiring journey to say the least.
- 1957: Born as Virginia “Ginni” Marie Nicosia (Chicago, Illinois, United States)
- 1979: Bachelor in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering (Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science at Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, United States)
- 1979: Graduate Rotation Program at General Motors Institute (now Kettering University, Flint, Michigan, USA)
- 1981: Systems Engineer at IBM
- 1991: Consultant at IBM (later Global Consultant Group Strategy Leader)
- 2002: She helped IBM drive the company’s $3.5 billion acquisition of PricewaterhouseCoopers’ consulting business
- 2006: Board of Directors of AIG (until 2009)
- 2009: SVP and Group Executive for sales, marketing and strategy at IBM
- 2011: President and CEO of IBM (first female CEO of IBM)
- 2012: Chairwoman and CEO
- Date unknown: Married to Mark Anthony Rometty, a principal investor in the Bam Oil Company, and the couple have no children
Photo credit: Lisbon Council
Was this post helpful?
Did this article help you? If not, let us know what we missed.