When it comes to updating the lighting configuration at home, smart bulbs are the best solution. Over the years, Signify, formerly Philips Lighting, has innovated and developed smart lighting solutions, making them one of the global leaders in the industry. One of their lighting solutions, Philips Hue, can create a different ambiance depending on your mood and connect to your favorite home console to make better use of it.
Philips Hue leverages the full potential of smart lighting. It offers a wide range of smart setup options to light up your home both inside and outside. Effects can be personalized via its mobile app, available on both iOS and Android, to set different lighting for any occasion or setting.
Products and features
Here are just some of the light solutions that Philip Hue has in store:
- Lucca: This wall light is best for gardens and balconies. It has a modern round design with black stripes.
- Resonate: Similar to Lucca, this enhances outdoor areas. The rectangular, minimalist design with black trim creates a triangular effect on the wall in contrast to the white and colored lights.
- Play Gradient Light Tube: Featuring gradient technology, it combines multiple colors into a single bulb or fixture. You can use it above or below your TV to complete your home theater setup.
- Filament Candle Bulb: This lightbulb is designed with a vintage look in mind and provides soft lighting with any shade you choose.
- Slim Downlight: As you may have guessed, this lighting solution has a slim and boxless design. This is best for the ceilings of rooms with limited headroom and low or flat ceilings.
- Signe Gradient: Also featuring gradient technology, the Sign Gradient is available as a floor and table lamp. The lamps also come in black and white.
- Ambiance Gradient Lightstrip: This flexible light solution features gradient technology as well as the ability to mix colored lights. You can install this on the wall behind your furniture to add ambiance to your room.
- Play Gradient Lightstrip: If you’re the type who likes adding that RGB vibe while playing games, this lighting solution might just be for you. You can install this behind your PC and it can light up alongside whatever on-screen action is happening.
- Festavia String Lights: This light solution features 250 smart mini LEDs on a 20-meter cable. As the name suggests, this would be perfect for any type of festive holiday, like Christmas. Please note that this product is currently not available and might not return until the Holiday season in 2023.
Speaking of syncing your lights, there’s Philip Hue + Spotify integration that works with color-capable lights. With this, you can have a more immersive experience with music. All you need to do is link your Philip Hue and Spotify accounts. The app extracts the metadata from the song playing on Spotify and creates an advanced light script that allows your lights to react according to the beat.
How the devices work
Apart from the Philips Hue line of light solutions, there are a few additional accessories that can help maximize your lights.
- Hue Bridge: The Hue Bridge is the heart and brain of the system. Connect it to your WiFi router so you can get full control over the lighting. It includes an advanced lighting control that enables you to adjust the settings via the app and internet connection. With the help of the Zigbee chip, it allows real-time responses and ultra-stable connection. You can also schedule your lights to turn on or off accordingly. Apart from that, it also allows for an easy-to-install plug-and-play system that’s regularly updated to keep your system secure and futureproof.
- Philips Hue App: As mentioned a while ago, installing the app can help you take command of your smart lighting system. You can control your lighting, automate it, set up voice control, organize your lighting into rooms, divide it into zones, and so on.
YouTube: Personalized smart lighting throughout your day
Photo credits: The images used in the article are owned by Signify and have been provided for press usage.