If you want to record your screen and share it with someone as a video without using any software that needs to be downloaded and installed first, you might want to have a look at the online screen recorder “ScreenApp” by Meetrix. You can just do everything in your browser and then share the results with your peers or just keep the files for your personal reference.
This online screen recorder app that works entirely in your browser is free in the basic tier but you can upgrade as well, in case you want some more features. In many cases, the free service will already suffice, however. You can record up to 15 minutes per video and keep 10 videos around. For $1.99 per month you get up to one hour of recording and there is no limit to how many videos you keep around.
Also interesting: How to Batch-Convert MOV Files to MP4 (Or Other Formats)
The platform might still be a little early and not everything looks polished, but we tested it and everything seems functional and to be working in the beta. Of course this solution would also help YouTubers recording tutorials for free as long they are no longer than 15 minutes. To avoid editing work, they can just use their microphone input instead of the browser sound.
Online screen recording in a few easy steps
- Step 1: Load the ScreenApp site
- Step 2: Click on “get started”
- Step 3: Set your audio capturing preferences.
- Step 4: Click on “share your screen”
- Step 5: Set your preferences about the video you want to capture.
- Step 6: Check the box “share audio” if you want to enable sounds.
- Step 7: Click on “share”.
- Step 8: Check that the video is properly shown in the preview.
- Step 9: Click “start recording” to start.
- Step 10: You can now do what you want to show in your video.
- Step 11: Click on “stop recording” when you’re done.
- Step 12: You can now review your video and download it.
If you are dealing with content that you’d rather not have stored in the cloud, you could also use a trick to make the VLC player do a screen-recording for you. The online screen recorder by Meetrix currently only works with WebM video files.
In case you want to convert your files to MP4 or another format you can also use a file converter that, of course, also works in your browser. If you want to see the whole process in a video, feel free to check the embedded clip below.
YouTube: Best Free Online Screen Recorder Without Download