Streaming services have been booming for the past few years and are offering exclusive content titles one after the other. This could also be seen as various new streaming platforms have come into existence and become popular all across the globe.
After movies and TV shows, streaming services have also expanded towards live TV and sporting events to peak users’ interests. While the most popular streaming platforms in the world are Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu, that clearly does not mean there isn’t space for any other platform.
Another service rapidly gaining popularity is Hotstar. While it offers a variety of popular Indian content and some fantastic movies like Eternals, one can only catch up on them in India.
Why? Because this streaming service is available only in that country. This is why I’ve jotted down this guide for you. A wide variety of the population worldwide own Android devices, and what better thing than knowing how to enjoy this streaming service on Android anywhere in the world. So, without further ado, let’s get to it.
How to get the Hotstar app on Android using a VPN
To watch Hotstar in any country of the world, you’d require a reliable VPN that ensures working with Hotstar. Our top recommendation is to check out the guide: Best VPN for Hotstar by VPNRanks and opt for a premium VPN service.
Once you’re done, here are the steps you need to follow to get the Hotstar app on your Android device:
- After subscribing to a VPN, launch its app.
- Connect to a server in India.
- Once connected, go to your Google Play Store.
- Click on the search box and type ‘Hotstar’ to find its app. Once you locate it, click on Install to get it on your device.
- As soon as it’s downloaded, you’ll find the app somewhere on your home screen.
- Click on the app, and you’ll be able to enjoy the streaming service for free.
- Then, visit the Settings of your Android device. From there, click on Advanced Settings > Date and Time.
- Disable Automatic Date and Time as well as Automatic Time zone.
- Then, click on the selected time zone and set it to the Indian one, i.e., GMT +5:30.
- Once you’re done, refresh the Hotstar application on your Android, look for a video, and enjoy streaming Hotstar easily.
You’re required to connect to a virtual private network before installing Hotstar because Google Play Store would not let you download the app without it.
While you might be able to enjoy a few content titles on Hotstar without creating an account, you’ll be missing out on all the popular TV shows, movies, and sports on your Android. This is why you’d require a premium account of Hotstar.
So, in order to create a premium Hotstar account outside India, follow the steps mentioned below.
How to create a premium account of Hotstar on your Android device
Here is how you can create a Hotstar premium account easily:
- Visit www.hotstar.com/in/subscribe/get-started using your PC browser. You can choose among the Super and Premium plans the streaming service offers.
- Then, enter your email address and create a password.
- Insert all your payment details, and you’re done!
Isn’t that easy? We recommend creating a Hotstar premium account using a PC after you’ve connected to an Indian VPN server. You should also set the timezone of your device to India and use Google’s Incognito Mode for the entire process. Once the account is created, you can simply log in with your Android phone and enjoy all content.
Premium Subscription Plans of Hotstar
There are various perks of opting for any premium account of Hotstar. Both the Super and Premium plans allow you to enjoy all movies, TV shows, and live programs. However, the difference between the two is that the Super plan is subjected to ads, while the Premium one is ad-free.
The Super plan offers two multi-logins while the other offers 4. Last but not least, the Super plan offers content in HD (1080p). However, the Premium package offers 4K (2160p) playback quality.
Is Hotstar compatible with any other devices?
Well, yes. Hotstar can be enjoyed on many other devices outside the country through its applications and website. Here are a few other devices that you can easily enjoy Hostar on:
- Smart TV
- Windows (PC)
- OSX Mac
- FireTV – Amazon Firestick
- Apple TV
That is all for today. This ends our guide to watching Hotstar on Android using a reliable VPN service. Please opt for the most reliable VPN to enjoy its services for accessing Hotstar. Before you give it a try, make sure this is also legal in your region to avoid any kind of trouble.
VPNs have way more benefits than unblocking geo-restricted streaming services and therefore are highly recommended by us. This is why you should look for all the reasons why you should get a VPN and use it to its fullest.
YouTube: What is Disney Plus Hotstar?
Photo credit: The feature image has been done by Hyang Imant.