To make an animated GIF run slower or view its basic elements clearly, you can slow down the GIF. This post offers 4 GIF speed editors and corresponding steps to slow down a GIF, including MiniTool MovieMaker, Ezgif, Online Converter, and LunaPic.
Method 1: Slow down GIF with MiniTool MovieMaker
MiniTool MovieMaker is a free GIF editor on Windows. It enables you to trim, split, flip, rotate GIFs, combine multiple GIFs into one, add captions to GIF. As a GIF speed editor, it lets you slow down or speed up a GIF. Also, it can support video to GIF and GIF to video. MiniTool MovieMaker is free and straightforward to use. Follow the steps to learn how to slow down a GIF using MiniTool MovieMaker.
- Step 1: Launch MiniTool MovieMaker after installation, close the pop-up window. Click the Import Media Files to upload your GIF and drag it to the timeline.
- Step 2: Click the GIF in the timeline, go to the Speed tab at the top right, and drag the speed slider toward the left to reduce the animation speed of the GIF. Alternatively, you can click the Speed icon above the timeline, choose the Slow button, and select a value to decrease the playback speed.
- Step 3: To export the GIF, click the Export button. Then choose the output folder, rename the file, and click the Export.
Method 2: Slow down GIF files with Ezgif
Ezgif is a simple online GIF editor. On this site, you can create, resize, crop, reverse, rotate, split, optimize GIF, add text and apply effects to the GIF, etc.
How to slow down a GIF with Ezgif? Here’s the guide.
Step 1. Go to the Ezgif website, click the Effects, then tap the Adjust GIF Speed option.
Step 2. Tap the Choose File to add your GIF and click the Upload. Then reduce the value of the percentage of current speed.
Step 3. Click the Change speed button to slow down the GIF. Then tap the Save in the Output image section to download the GIF on your device.
Method 3: Slow down GIF with Online Converter
Online Converter is a free online conversion tool to convert videos, images, audio files, and documents. Besides, it provides other tools to edit video, audio, and image. Also, you can slow down a GIF with it. Follow the steps to learn how to reduce the animation speed of any GIF with Online Converter.
- Step 1: Navigate to the Online Converter website, click the Image Converter option, and scroll down to find and click the Change GIF Speed option.
- Step 2: Tap the Choose File to upload your GIF, click the Speed button, and select the 0.5x or 0.8x to slow down the GIF.
- Step 3: Click the Change to apply your changes. Then click the Download Now to download the converted GIF.
Method 4: Slow down GIF with LunaPic
LunaPic, a free online photo editor, offers many editing tools, filters, and art effects to customize your photo. Also, it lets you change the GIF animation speed.
- Step 1: Go to the LunaPic website click the Upload and ChofileFile to add your GIF.
- Step 2: Click the Animation and Edit GIF Animation options, click the Speed box, and choose the desired value.
- Step 3: Click the Apply button to make the GIF file slower. Then save this GIF or share it on Facebook, Imgur, Twitter, and more.
With these four methods, you can slow down GIF files easily and quickly. And the four GIF speed editors are free to use and won’t add a watermark or logo to the output GIF.
Photo credit: The feature image has been done by Wavebreak Media.