Creating powerful color schemes is important to the success of every business because it helps with branding. While it sounds easy to come up with a color palette, it isn’t, and some companies employ the help of an art director or someone similar to do this job (among other things). However, some businesses may not be able to afford one, especially if they’re still starting out, so they often lean towards AI-powered color palette generators. One such color palette generator is Coolors.
Fabrizio Bianchi created Coolors due to his experience of being frustrated over not finding the “perfect” color palette generator. After struggling to find a color palette generator that was neither too basic nor too overwhelming, he created the color palette generator himself.
Picking out the right colors
Coolors helps you to create your own color palette within seconds. Simply click the spacebar, and the app will generate a new set of colors. You can also choose colors manually if you do not like the colors it has generated randomly.
If you like one color, but not the rest of the ones in the palette that the app has generated, you can lock that one color and generate a new palette based on that color. Apart from the main feature of generating a color, Coolors also has other features.
- Explore Popular Palettes allows you to check out the trending palettes created by other users. You can save and export these palettes as well.
- Extract Palettes from Images can take colors from a specific photo and generate a palette from there.
- Contrast Checker checks the contrast ratio between two colors, ensuring your design is accessible to people with visual impairments.
- Change Image Colors comes in handy when you want to switch up the colors in your image. Simply upload your image and pick a color palette you like. Coolors will do the rest and update the image colors to match your selected palette.
- Color Picker finds out hex codes of colors that you’re unsure about. If you have an image with the color in it, upload it to Coolors’ Color Picker, and it will give you the hex code within seconds.
- Browse Free Fonts lets you check out a wide range of free fonts.
Up until recently, Coolors was a tool with all features accessible for free. Now, it has introduced a range of premium features as well.
Coolors is a great tool for designers of every level. With its intuitive interface and wide range of features, it may soon become an integral part of a designer’s list of handy tools.
Photo credits: The featured image is symbolic and has been done by Wirestock. All other images in the post are screenshots of the app taken by the author.