‘Low-Profile Satya Nadella’ as titled in some news articles has been appointed new Chief Executive Officer of Microsoft Corporation in February 2014.
Contrary to popular believe the naturalised American Engineer has been with Microsoft for a long time already. He held several leading positions before moving to CEO and a major role in Microsoft’s move into ‘the cloud‘.
He is board member of several organisations but has never left Microsoft ever since 1992. With his wife and three children he currently lives in Bellevue, Washington.
- 1967: Born in Hyderabad, India
- 1987: Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunications (Manipal Institute of Technology)
- 1990: Master degree in Computer Science (University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee)
- ?: Employed at Sun Microsystems
- 1992: Marrying Anupama Nadella, 3 Children
- 1992: Employed at Microsoft Corporation
- 1996: Master in Business Administration (University of Chicago Booth School of Business)
- ?: Executive Vice-President of Cloud and Enterprise group at Microsoft Corporation
- ?: Corporate Vice-President of Business Solutions and Search & Advertising Platform Group at Microsoft Corporation
- ?: Vice-President of the Business Division at Microsoft Corporation
- 2007: Senior Vice-President of Research & Development for the Online Services Division at Microsoft Corporation
- 2011: President of the Server & Tools Division at Microsoft Corporation
- ?: Director at BravoSolution US, Inc.
- ?: Director at Intelliprep Technologies Inc.
- ?: Member of Advisory Board at Nirvaha, Inc.
- 2013: Former Director and Member of Nominating / Corporate Governance Committee at Riverbed Technology, Inc.
- 2014: CEO of Microsoft Corporation
Photo credit: Microsoft Corporation / Nadella