Voice-over presentations often help users create engaging presentations. Google’s free cloud product Google Slides allows users to add voice-over to Google Slides. Adding a voice-over is a straightforward process only if you have an audio/voice file already prepared with you. Creating a voice-over and attaching it to a Google Slides presentation does not require much time. This article will give you a quick walkthrough on how to add a realistic voice-over to a Google Slides presentation.
What is a voice-over?
A voice-over is a speech or technique where the user records the voice for off-screen usage. Users use it prominently in televisions, movies, YouTube videos, presentations for teaching, telephone services, ebook reading, etc. Modern-day technologies that create voice-over from texts use artificial intelligence (AI) to understand what the sentences are trying to express or which words to stress or emphasize. Let us now understand how to add voice-over to Google Slides.
How to create a free voice-over
Before comprehending how to add voice-over to Google Slides, we will first create a voice-over that we will use in the presentation. Some users prefer to record the voice-over from a studio or through a voice recording tool. The best way to generate a realistic voice out of the text is by using the Online Voice Recorder or any other voice recording application.
- Go to Online Voice Recorder.
- Click the microphone button to start recording.
- Hit the stop button once you’re done with your voice recording for the presentation.
- Trim and edit in the next step until you’re happy with the recording.
- Export as an audio file to proceed with the next step.
Steps to add voice-over to a Google Slides presentation:
Lots of corporate professionals and teachers prefer to use voice-over in their presentations. Since Google Slides is the most common, simple, and cloud-based presentation tool freely available online, everyone prefers it. So, we have the voice-over ready and downloaded in audio file format. Let us now understand the steps required to add voice-over to Google Slides.
- Uploading the audio file: To use the voice-over audio in your Google Slides, upload it to Google Drive. For this, you will need to log in with your Google account. After opening the Google Drive page, you can drag and drop your voice-over or upload it using the New > File Upload option.
- Manage the voice-over audio file’s accessibility: Before starting work on your presentation, you must make the voice-over audio file accessible so you can use it from the Google Slides app. This accessibility setting is set to private by default, and only you can access or use this voice-over audio. Therefore, to change it, select the audio file you just uploaded and click the “Get Link” button from the top right side of the Google Drive page.
A pop-up screen appears in which the default mode of the file link remains “restricted.” Change it to “Anyone with the link” to set the access level to “Viewer.” Lastly, click on the “Done” button to save the changes.
- Insert or embed the voice-over audio file in Google Slide: Now, since your voice-over audio file is ready, it’s time to embed or add voice-over to Google Slides. To do this, open Google Slides in your web browser. Open the blank presentation or any existing presentation. Now, navigate to the particular slide in which you want to add the voice-over audio.
Now, from the menu bar, click the Insert menu. Choose the Audio option from the dropdown menu. Insert the audio link and click the Select button to utilize it. Once you complete this step, you will notice that the audio icon will emerge on the slide on which you want to add the voice-over.
We hope this article has given you a crisp idea of how to add voice-over on Google Slides. What’s more, its voice-over Google Slide add-on makes it easy to add voice-over through simple steps. Best of luck for your presentation!
Photo credit: The feature image has been done by Evgeniy Shkolenko.