Bungie, the company that developed Destiny 2, has announced that the game will migrate from Blizzard to Steam on October 1st, 2019. This is also in line with the release of Shadowkeep. Blizzard and Bungie are working to make this transition as smooth and easy as possible for the Destiny 2 community on PC.
This means that you will be able to migrate all your progress, guardians, equipment, funds, etc, for free. However, you could lose your Destiny 2 account if you decide not to migrate it to the new platform.
Preparing your account
You can start linking your Blizzard and Steam account now. While this is not the official migration, you can take early steps to prepare for it. This is also to ensure that you don’t lose any progress when Shadowkeep comes around.
You haven’t seen darkness. Not yet.
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep arrives October 1.
— Destiny 2 (@DestinyTheGame) August 19, 2019
Here are the steps to prepare for the transition:
- Go to the Bungie site to start. Once there, hit the ‘Get Started’ button.
- Log in to my Battle.net account to continue.
- After you log in, it will display the current PC account you have, your Guardians, the licenses, Silver, etc.
- After checking that everything is OK, continue and accept the transfer terms and conditions.
- Hit the Steam button to link it. You will have to log in to your Steam account for this.
- Hit the transfer button.
Once this is done, you will see a green banner on top of the page. Take note that you’ll still be playing Destiny 2 on Blizzard until October 1 where you can play it on Steam. However, if you have linked your accounts, the content you purchase on Blizzard will be transferred to your Steam account on October 1.
YouTube: Destiny 2 on Steam
Photo credits: The feature image is owned by Bungie and was provided for press usage.