LiquidSky is a game changing software company that has solved the three main problems surrounding cloud gaming; latency, input, and catalog. We’re proud to say we are the only company that has done this successfully, and growth is happening fast. We are preparing to exit our closed beta with 1,000,000+ users and we need help scaling our database and backend infrastructure.
We’ve just closed our $8,000,000 seed round and are looking to grow our team. We got a bigger office in the WeWork office in Time Square to accommodate the new team. We are seeking a VP of Engineering to take the helm of our software development teams. A successful VPE will be strong technically, a professional leader that has a knack for understanding people – with the business acumen to understand our strategic goals and align engineering to achieve them.
We are specifically seeking a person who can communicate across roles. Given a user base most startups would dream of, we have a huge responsibility to keep them happy at scale. You’ll be a part of the management team to help guide the development team to further build this incredible technology. The VPE will be expected to understand the big picture and strategically build your team while taking constructive feedback, defending your ideas, delivering outstanding work, and learning constantly. This role will play a critical role in the development of our technology and team which currently on the bleeding edge of streaming technology.
– Grow the software engineering team globally
– Instill strong software engineering practices in the team, including continuous delivery and accurate sprint planning
– As a member of the executive team, provide visibility into risks, schedules and cross-functional dependencies
– Ensure the company’s technology strategy always serves its business strategy
– Troubleshoot technical problems as well as identify in advance technology issues that have the potential to cause harm to the company
– Communicate the company’s technology vision, strategy, and development plan to the outside world and to business professionals inside an organization
– Experience undertaking technology product evaluations, selecting technology vendors, negotiating contracts related to technology purchases, and maintaining relationships with technology vendors.
– The VPE must be a hands-on leader who can work closely with the CEO and business team to proactively define requirements
– 10+ years in a technical role, including 3+ years in a senior director role (or higher), hiring, managing, and growing teams of 10+ engineers
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Must be familiar with building and using APIs, web security, cloud computing, networking systems, bandwidth and overall internet infrastructure.
Preferred areas of expertise, but not required:
– Experience with gaming technology
– Cloud Networking
– Work in Times Square at the best WeWork in NYC
– Play your favorite PC games and call it work.
– Enjoy free beer…after work hours of course 🙂
– Medical, dental, and vision coverage
– Stock options
– Work on a truly innovative technology with a startup that has successfully raised money
To apply for this job please visit liquidsky.workable.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉