Our goal today is the same as when we were founded 15 years ago: create the world’s best video conferencing management platform and enable our customers to get the most competitive advantage possible from their service.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Location: Chippenham (Wiltshire, UK) or Home based
We’re on the hunt for an experienced UI software engineer to join our small, high-calibre team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious software engineer to work with global, high-profile, customers on the latest software innovations, pushing the boundaries of what is possible with video conferencing and unified communications
The successful candidate will be someone who will challenge the status quo, challenge decisions and proposals even if that takes us down a difficult path. The candidate will need to be robust and be capable of arguing a position based on data and logic.
- We try and make VQ a great place to work; we work hard and continuously challenge the status quo. We’re on a mission to build the best platform for delivering video (and audio; think Unified Communications) conferencing services. We don’t do “the same old, same old”; we innovate and lead. We’re not looking for people who take the easy path; we try and do the right things right and sometimes (quite often) that takes us down a difficult path with challenges that need to be overcome.
- We have a flat model; data drives our decisions and everybody in the team is expected to challenge decisions, plans, proposals or designs. Ego is out; making the right decision is what we’re looking for.
- So, if you’re passionate about advanced, high-quality software and building the solutions required by an amazing set of customers and you think you can contribute to our success, we’re definitely interested in talking to you.
- We don’t do timesheets, we don’t do fixed working hours, we don’t wear suits, our expense policy is 7 words “do the right thing for the business” and we hire home workers. oh, and we don’t do micromanagement.
About the role
- You’ll be primarily focused on the user interface aspects of our Acano Manager product working closely with our UX team and developers to build the best possible product.
- One initial task will be rewriting the few remaining older parts of the user interface from AngularJS to Angular and the Redux pattern via NGRX.
- You will also be responsible for implementing new product features and feature requests in our user interface.
- Other aspects of the role will include writing Protractor tests for the user interface, writing Typescript tools that run in Docker and pioneering new techniques to make our product better.
- We at VQ encourage OSS contributions, in the past, we’ve funded OSS projects such as NancyFX and published our own OSS projects.
- Redux experience (ideally NGRX Store)
- RxJS (in the context of Angular)
- HTML and CSS/LESS/etc
- Having developed daily on Linux/OSX and experience of day to day *nix tasks.
- Can read and understand C# and SQL
- Distributed SCM (Git/etc)
- Problem resolution and the ability to work independently within a small, dynamic, team.
- Excellent written and spoken English; the team is international and most of our customers are located internationally. The Role will include interfacing with customers (for example, discussing concepts or problem resolution).
- Running node.js Docker applications
To apply for this job please visit www.vqcomms.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉