Discuss.io connects brands with consumers around the globe in real time through a video conferencing platform built for conducting market research and gathering consumer insights.
At Discuss.io, we enable brands to connect and speak directly with consumers around the globe and in real-time. At our core, we’re a technology company with a mission to democratize the multi-billion dollar market research industry. Funded by Unilever Ventures and other private investors, we are bringing the traditional, long, and arduous process of conducting market research into the digital age through our online video conferencing platform. Today, Discuss.io is powering consumer connection and empathy programs at many of the world’s leading brands, including Unilever, Godrej, Danone, Nestle, and SCA, among others.
Do you carry a lot of empathy for the users? Do you look at products around you every day and think they could have been designed better? Do you obsess about design? Do you dream of being able to completely understand and speak to the users you design products for? Come join Discuss.io as a Senior User Experience Designer and become an important member of our growing product team. We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years of experience crafting beautiful and easy-to-use experiences for our video conferencing platform’s growing line of digital products.
Reporting to the VP of Product and Marketing, you will:
- Lead and own UX of one or more of our products.
- Solve interesting interaction design problems around video conferencing use-cases.
- Translate high level business requirements and user scenarios into tangible user interface proposals using the latest standards in interaction design and trends in visual design.
- Work with product managers, fellow UX team members, and developers to carry your designs through implementation.
- Create internal artifacts such as: information architecture (IA) diagrams, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes while integrating feedback from internal stakeholders and customers.
- Participate in UX team meetings, feature-team standups and design sprints to discuss strategy, share designs and ideas.
- Digest feedback from usability studies, gather data, and translate findings into concrete user interface design improvements.
- Attend usability sessions to better understand user scenarios and requirements.
- Try out new (or use your favorite) interactive prototyping tools and share your knowledge with product team.
- Help define the Discuss.io UX vision and strategy.
- Partner with UX Research in the process of gathering user feedback.
- Help build the UX strategy, team, and culture.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI or other related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience designing great user experiences for web applications and websites.
- Fluency in best practices and standards for information architecture and interaction design, design patterns, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Strong visual design skills and a solid understanding of current visual trends.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methods to product development.
- Strong conceptual skills and demonstrated ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize and manage work to meet project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of web application design and implementation.
- Expertise with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop; proficiency with other tools of the design trade, such as Sketch, InDesign, Visio, Omnigraffle, Fireworks, Dreamweaver.
- Some working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Solid understanding of what it takes to create responsive web applications.
- Experience with cross-browser design and development.
- Extensive experience working closely with product management and development teams on implementation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment.
- Experience designing mobile applications and/or for video streaming is considered a strong plus.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Why you should join us
- We are a rapidly growing team of customer obsessed individuals and are headquartered in the lovely neighborhood of Fremont, Seattle.
- We place a lot of value in knowledge sharing, so being a team player is a must.
- We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, innovation, and freakishly friendly customer service.
- We offer interesting and challenging problems to solve, independence, as well as opportunities to learn and grow.
- As a part of our team, you’ll be able to clearly see the impact of your work and have a voice in decision-making processes.
To apply for this job please visit www.discuss.io.