In the future, gaming is free, it's fun, and it's all about creating the best experiences, both in game and out.
Trion Worlds is seeking a talented User Experience Designer to develop game interfaces for Trove and other exciting unannounced projects, our multi-platform shooter MMO being developed in collaboration with Syfy.
- Provide comprehensive designs for the game’s graphical user interfaces, specifying layout, functionality, and flow
- Coordinate game-ready assets for use in user interfaces, such as textures, icons, and fonts
- Provide written descriptions of non-graphical user interfaces, such as mouse, keyboard, and gamepad controls
- Participate in general game design sessions
- Organize the information displayed across user interfaces
- Manage relationships with various design stakeholders
- Drive design process and create a good end-to-end experience
- Advocate and lead UX discussions; achieve best-possible designs
- Drive design thinking and champion the UX vision across the organization
- Facilitate for project teams throughout the design process, gathering actionable feedback and iterating at the appropriate levels
- Collaborate with other designers, program managers, and engineering teams, working to prioritize UX design
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in applied UX design,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,
- 3+ years of prototyping experience including a deep knowledge of designer tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent certificates in interaction design, industrial design, graphic design, or other UX design-related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a game development team as a user interface designer, artist, or game designer
- Experience developing websites, including knowledge of HTML
- Professional experience as an artist; logo design and layout skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to present design solutions for game UX
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage schedules and identify project needs and priorities
- Must be able to work collaboratively and drive design solutions across multiple teams
- Strong knowledge of PC and console games; familiarity with MMO and shooter games
- Passion for making great games!
Please note: All job inquiries and résumés submitted to Trion Worlds, Inc. will be treated in confidence, provided that Trion Worlds, Inc. shall have the right to use the personal information contained therein to contact you and for internal evaluation purposes.
Editorial notice: Content has been sourced from the Trion Worlds career website.
To apply for this job please visit www.trionworlds.com.