Neato Robotics is a venture-funded startup developing robotic-based household appliances.
Neato Robotics is a technology and market leader in home robots that improve people’s lives.
Our award winning products include Neato Botvac Connected, a Wi-Fi enabled robot vacuum with intelligent navigation that can be controlled via a smartphone.
Our high performance team consists of roboticists, engineers, marketing and sales professionals who have worked with some of the best brands in consumer products.
Our management team is seasoned in taking startups from early stages to multinational enterprises.
We sell worldwide and our main office is in Newark, California.
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics intends to hire a world class addition to our growing team.
This is an opportunity to join a team dedicated to build a significant company in the emerging consumer robotics space.
If you are ready to be part of the next revolution of home robots, have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on making direct and integral contributions, then Neato Robotics could be the perfect opportunity for you. We offer competitive compensation as well as an equity opportunity.
For more information on Neato Robotics, please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com.
As part of the Software R&D team, you’ll be working on Neato’s next generation of intelligent autonomous robots. You will be working with expert robotics software, embedded, and control system engineers. The autonomous robots that you help develop will be used and appreciated by millions of consumers.
Neato is a fast growing company building intelligent autonomous robotic floor cleaning products for the consumer market. Neato has a world-wide customer base, and global partners. Neato’s robots will continue to improve people’s lives through increasingly sophisticated versions of the platform as well as variations on the functionality that will be designed to penetrate a number of potential markets.
We are looking for the candidate who has strong hands-on experience as a full stack software engineer, preferably in IoT connected products running 24×7, strong track record of delivering high quality innovative software, and the drive to deliver products on time. You will be responsible for the system architecture, software design, development, and maintaining software for Neato’s robotic products. You will be expected to write technical specification, perform end-to-end integration, root cause and resolve system level performance and reliability problems. You will report to the Director of Software, and will work closely with the Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, QA, and Manufacturing teams.
The ideal candidate must possess a “can-do” attitude with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must also be able and willing to become involved in other areas of software development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for full stack of software from OS, Device Drivers, to Web Application interface
- System architecture, component design, and software development
- Analyze product requirements and customer use cases, review and propose architecture and implementation details for both current and next-generation products
- Design, develop, and maintain embedded system image, device drivers, and applications
- Root cause and fix system level performance and reliability problems
- Other duties include end-to-end integration, write technical specification, perform code review, coach junior engineers, improve development process and tools
- May need to travel outside of United States.
- Experience shipping reliable software, always-on products running 24×7 embedded products that have mobile and cloud solution
- Strong C++ and OOD a must
- Hands-on experience defining RESTful interface as SDK for the embedded system, testing and debugging real-time drivers and Wi-Fi based applications
- Embedded software development experience, particularly application and HAL development for embedded Linux, HW/SW watchdog
- Experience with battery operated devices, power management, LED, LCD, I2C, GPIO, SPI, USB, Wi-Fi, BLE interfaces and web technologies include web socket, HTTP/S, XML, X.509 certificate
- Experience in developing and debugging multi-threaded applications on multi-core CPUs
- Experience customizing Linux boot, kernel and rootfs a plus
- Experience writing unit test, code coverage profiling, and static analysis tools
- Independent self-starter, analytical, and problem solving skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related experience.
- 8+ years work experience focused on embedded software.
To apply for this job please visit www.neatorobotics.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉