Neato Robotics is a venture-funded startup developing robotic-based household appliances.
Neato Robotics is a technology and market leader in home robots that improve people’s lives. Our award winning products include Neato Botvac Connected, a Wi-Fi enabled robot vacuum with intelligent navigation that can be controlled via a smartphone.
Our high performance team consists of roboticists, engineers, marketing and sales professionals who have worked with some of the best brands in consumer products. Our management team is
seasoned in taking startups from early stages to multinational enterprises. We sell worldwide and our main office is in Newark, California.
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics seeks to hire a world class Senior Platform Software Engineer reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering.
If you are ready to be part of the next revolution of home robots, have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on making direct and integral contributions, then Neato Robotics could be the perfect opportunity for you. We offer competitive compensation as well as an equity opportunity.
For more information on Neato, please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com.
As a Senior Platform Software Engineer at Neato Robotics you will take responsibility for the core platform software that operates at the heart of the highest performance mass-market indoor navigating robot on the planet. Within the Systems Engineering organization you will take responsibility for the bootloader, kernel, device drivers and application software. You’ll work directly with Hardware Engineers on specification of new platforms and with our Robot Software Engineers to bring your platforms to life. Your responsibilities will include ground-up development of new drivers and application code as well as working with partners to adapt existing drivers/applications to our platform. Neato’s robots will continue to improve people’s lives through more sophisticated versions of the platform as well as extensions designed to address a number of potential markets.
- BS/MS in CS or CPE with 5 plus years experience in embedded software development for consumer electronics
- Responsible for Linux/QNX kernel driver development on ARM-based SoCs
- Substantial experience with C/C++ for embedded systems
- Experience taking software deliverables from prototype to volume production (including designing for scale, authoring test plans, coordinating deployments with operations)
- Experience working with common mobile interfaces (I2C, SPI, SDIO, I2S, USB)
- Strong communication and organization skills, experience working with small cross-functional teams (mechanical, firmware, software, product management)
Neato Robotics Inc.
- Experience interpreting schematics, operating lab instruments and reading serial bus traces
- Good documentation discipline including the ability to manage engineering specifications and author test plans
- Ability to operate within SVN/git repositories
- Familiarity with WiFi/BT/Zigbee radios
- Experience with electro-mechanical interfaces, including optical, magnetic, and acoustic sensors, as well as DC motors, motor driver circuits, and PID control
- Working knowledge of Matlab
To apply for this job please visit www.neatorobotics.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉