At Navdy, no role is small and every person plays a part in the development of our game changing technology. We work on the frontline of connected car innovation.
We’re a multidisciplinary team of software, hardware, mechanical engineers and product designers searching for a Senior Optical Scientist. You would be responsible for the entire optical system of our HUD. You’d be improving the light efficiency, cost, and image quality of our current system. You’d also design the next generations of HUDs to come. You’d work with suppliers on both the base specification and the quality control specification of the various optical components.
What we are looking for:
- PhD in Optics or Physics
- At least 3 years of experience working with Heads Up Displays/Head Mounted Displays/Imaging Systems
- Knowledge of HOE/DOE optical elements
- Knowledge of DLP and LCOS projection systems
- A track record of consumer products
- Expertise in projectors, LED illumination, visible and IR cameras
- Deep understanding of the fundamental physics of light
- Experience in lens design
- Proficiency in optical modeling/simulation/optimization software
- Industry experience in an optics manufacturing environment
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts to an interdisciplinary team, and to convert the team’s soft requirements into actionable technical specifications
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted “Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 – Automotive” by Fast Company, is creating a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction free driving experience for the modern driver.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and venture money in the bank.
Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit www.navdy.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉