At Navdy, no role is small and every person plays a part in the development of our game changing technology. We work on the frontline of connected car innovation.
Navdy is looking for a motivated and talented senior mechanical engineer to contribute to the development of our Heads Up Display (HUD). You will be a key member of the product team, analyzing, designing, validating, and testing all aspects of the design’s physical and functional system requirements. You will be a key part for mechanical design and manufacturing efforts, and you will be working with the whole development team in building high-quality products.
What you’ll be responsible to accomplish:
- Own mechanical design in a fast-paced startup environment
- Develop test plans to validate product performance requirements
- Work closely with internal and external teams to manage risks and keep projects on schedule
- Be a key liaison with Navdy’s manufacturing partners
What we’re looking for:
- BSME degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Industry experience designing consumer electronics products with tight constraints
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to define, design, build, and test new products.
- Proficiency in Creo or similar 3D CAD/Modeling software
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly principles
- And tolerance, thermal, and structural analysis
- Knowledge of designing metal and and plastic parts with high cosmetic requirements
- Experience in planning, performing and documenting environmental tests, especially thermal and vibration testing
- Experience creating part and assembly drawings as well as related documents for QA/QC check
- Ability to travel overseas to work with manufacturing partners from time to time
- Mechanical and material mounting in automotive environments is a big plus
- Knowledge of optical design and manufacturing processes appreciated
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted “Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 – Automotive” by Fast Company, is creating a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction free driving experience for the modern driver.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and venture money in the bank. Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit www.navdy.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉