At Navdy, no role is small and every person plays a part in the development of our game changing technology. We work on the frontline of connected car innovation.
Navdy is a Heads-Up Display (HUD) for your car. It connects to your phone and lets you use all the apps you love while keeping your eyes on the road. Navdy sit on your dash and works in the car you already have.
What you’ll be responsible to accomplish:
- Write and modify device drivers as we update our hardware
- Do the deep kernel/Android hacking
- Guide our board designers
- Verify your work at an electronic bench with scope and meter
- Develop firmware for other smaller accessory devices
- Work with Navdy’s manufacturing partners in the development, validation, and maintenance of automated and manual test software for production.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience programming in C
- Intimate knowledge of the architecture of the Linux kernel and bringing up AOSP on bare hardware
- Knowledge of device drivers like power management, Bluetooth, USB and kernel debugging tools
- Functional knowledge of Java and Android development
- Ability to create hardware testing and verification components and frameworks which work in the manufacturing process
- Strong comfort level with professional software development process including source control and code reviews
- Strong collaboration with both hardware and software application teams
- Experience customizing bootloaders and firmware device drivers
- Interest working with vendors and contractors to work out the kinks in the design, test and manufacturing process
- Ability to work well independently and research problems thoroughly
- Automotive environment knowledge of aftermarket electronics preferred
- Prior experience developing consumer electronics preferred
- Intimate knowledge of the low level Android drivers and the hardware abstraction layers preferred
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted “Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 – Automotive” by Fast Company, is creating a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction free driving experience for the modern driver.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and venture money in the bank.
Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit www.navdy.com.