In the future, gaming is free, it's fun, and it's all about creating the best experiences, both in game and out.
Hey—you over there in the Dark Souls t-shirt. Trion Worlds is looking for a senior gameplay engineer and we think you fit the bill. Good gameplay is the core of everything we do here, and we need people who can get it done right. AI, combat, movement, physics, pathfinding—if making games is your life, you belong here with us.
HERE’S WHY YOU’RE AWESOME!
- Hands-on – You’re able to dive into large C++ codebases to add features and fix issues.
- Leadership – You’re able to help coordinate a multi-discipline team of engineers, designers, artists, and QA.
- Driven – You take ownership of problems and you can drive a feature from inception through release.
- Big Picture – You work within, and can contribute to, the overall vision and architecture of a product.
- Team Player – You take part in a collaborative effort to examine, question and improve all systems and parts of a codebase.
- Experience – You’ve got 5+ years of experience with game development.
- Growth – You’re always interested in learning new technologies.
HERE’S WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO!
- Adding features and fixing bugs in large-scale online games
- Working with designers and artists to make gameplay fun and compelling
- Improving asset pipelines and tools for designers, artists, and engineers
- Analyzing and improving performance bottlenecks
- Troubleshooting problems and helping with live support
HERE’S WHAT YOU’VE STUDIED, USED, AND/OR WON A NOBEL PRIZE FOR!
- Vector math
- Rigid-body physics
- Network programming
- Unreal Engine, CryEngine, or Unity
Okay, maybe you’re not all of these things—yet. That’s okay. The question is, do you want to be?
Editorial notice: Content has been sourced from the Trion Worlds career website.
To apply for this job please visit www.trionworlds.com.