Deutsche Bank provides banking services to corporations, governments, institutional investors, small and medium-sized businesses, and private individuals.
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank’s entire information technology (“IT”) infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank’s businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank’s platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run – but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. We’ll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Vacancy Title: Project Manager
Corporate Title: VP
Department Name: Global Markets Regulatory GT
Job Location: New York
Global Technology, part of Group Technology & Operations, is the technology division of Deutsche Bank. Global Technology (GT) delivers world-class IT services and solutions which provide competitive advantage for the Bank and help maintain its market-leading position.
The GTO business aligned divisions are supported by the GTO Chief Operating Office which conducts cross-divisional governance to achieve consistency and transparency, with regard to risks, processes, information and reporting, and coordinates on GTO and bank-wide level. GTO Regional Management, the bank´s hub for regional governance and regulatory framework as well as our partners from Finance, Human Resources, Audit, Operational Risk and Legal make GTO complete.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the Global Markets Regulatory Technology team responsible for the delivery of key cross-product, regulatory and control programs for Global Technology.
As the Project Manager you will be responsible and accountable for the realization of the intended outcome and value of the project. This includes accountability for the delivery of agreed project outputs to the agreed time, cost and quality parameters within the agreed scope. The Project Manager will manage and coordinate the activity of specialists, technicians and analysts to ensure that tasks are performed that result in the project deliverable. Where a project forms part of a wider program, the project manager will have a functional reporting line to a Program Manager.
This role will manage project(s) within GT’s Global Markets Regulatory team.
- Ensure the project and associated business case are scoped, initiated and approved according to required procedures
- Ensure the project is planned in a manner that delivers to the required cost and quality and within the agreed scope, including appropriate milestone definition, work breakdown structure, dependencies, and assumptions
- Ensure the project work is executed and implemented according to the plan or any agreed changes to the plan and according to agreed project management standards
- Ensure relevant and appropriate analysis, management information, and reporting is provided
- Ensure that requirements, plans, risks, issues, actions, costs, schedules, benefits, and other related project artefacts are documented and tracked
- Ensure that appropriate meetings are held and that outputs and artefacts are produced and distributed.
- Chair the relevant meetings
- Ensure that the project work is compliant with documented standards, templates, and frameworks, and captured in agreed toolsets
- Ensure project stakeholder awareness, engagement, and communication
- Analyze and identify possible risks and issues that could impact delivery and either resolve them or escalate as appropriate
- Ensure the project spends according to the agreed financial plan
- Manage project team members consistent with our management principles
- Where applicable provide other relevant support as required by the Program Manager
- Ensure the project closes according to required procedures
Experience / Exposure:
- Demonstrable experience in leading complex transformation programs to successful conclusion
- Experience in developing and tracking complex financial business cases
- Experience in negotiating commercially valuable outcomes
- Relevant experience working in the Financial Services industry, with regulatory and cross-product experience highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience essential
Mandatory Education / Qualifications:
- Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Program/Project Management, Business, Economics, Engineering or Computer Science (or relevant work experience)
- PMI or similar professional qualification as Program Management Professional or relevant international equivalent a plus.
For candidates applying for positions in the US:
To apply for this job please visit www.db.com.