HomeTouch is the UK’s leading online destination to help families find trusted, quality and affordable care.
About the Role
Our vision is to be the leading source of expert, impartial and quality advice on how to improve the care available to families across the UK. We are seeking an outstanding head of content to join our fast-growing team.
You’ll own the content roadmap and develop our brand across multiple channels to engage our community at every stage of interaction with our service. You’ll be stimulated and interested in the subject matter and believe in the vision of what we are trying to achieve.
You‘ll be creative, self-directed and able to generate ideas that resonate with our audience. You’ll be a journalist, editor or accomplished blogger with a strong pedigree in writing and commissioning healthcare and consumer content for online distribution.
- Research, commission, write, and edit high-quality, jargon-free content across our blog, website, social media channels and email
- Own our content roadmap, devising content for different topics, user groups and stages of the customer lifecycle
- Liaise with external partners for commissioned content, design assets and content discovery
- Collaborate with our design, marketing and product teams to develop and maintain our content/editorial calendar and publishing schedule
- 2:1 Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or previous role in publishing, editorial or journalism
- Minimum 2 – 5 years editing or publishing experience in producing content exclusively online
- Attention to fine details, readability, grammar and spelling
- Highly conversant in latest SEO trends from keyword research to technical aspects of onsite SEO
- Familiarity with common CMSs eg WordPress
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with high attention to detail
- A fast learner, highly productive and able to deliver a high volume of quality content
- Background/ passion in consumer internet and/or healthcare
- HTML/CSS/Javacript skills
- Join a fast growing and award winning digital healthcare startup
- Team lunches, Friday drinks, relaxed and creative startup environment
- Unlimited holiday within reason
- Attractive salary with stock options
- Opportunity to work remotely for some days of week
To apply, please send an email to to email@example.com with details of your existing portfolio of articles / content and 3 content ideas that you think would resonate with our audience.
To apply for this job please visit www.myhometouch.com.