At Navdy, no role is small and every person plays a part in the development of our game changing technology. We work on the frontline of connected car innovation.
Navdy is looking for a driven team player to help test the hardware we create. We’re looking for someone who shares our passion to merge the innovation and delight of the technology industry with the safety and reliability of the automotive industry to create a product that every driver would want.
As a Hardware Quality Assurance Engineer at Navdy you’ll work with hardware engineers, software engineers, and designers to make great products that have never been seen before. We want an individual who is excited about being involved in every phrase of product development, validate new concepts and ensure that shipping products are rock solid and remain that way.
A successful candidate will thrive in an environment that is constantly inventing and trying new things. This role is hands-on but also requires someone who can see the big picture, hidden risks, and is self-motivated to learn new things, experiment, and improve themselves and their surroundings.
What you’ll be responsible to accomplish:
- Work with Hardware and Software Engineering, Design, and Product Management teams to identify high-impact issues
- Develop test procedures to verify hardware functions in controlled and real-life environments
- Write and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues
- Help establish procedures and tools to help us test more efficiently
- Interact with Navdy Customer Support and customers to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
What we are looking for:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in quality assurance or equivalent
- Highly detail-oriented and organized individual
- A master of JIRA or similar issue tracking system
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to evaluate technical risk and user perception
- Someone who views quality as a team effort and loves to see the team succeed
- Commitment to quality and a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Tenacity to see difficult problems through to the end
- Self-motivated; able to identify opportunities for improvement and tackle them, without external direction
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing atmosphere
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field preferred
- Experience testing custom hardware, wireless, and automotive products is a plus
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted “Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 – Automotive” by Fast Company, is creating a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction free driving experience for the modern driver.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and venture money in the bank.
Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit www.navdy.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉