At Navdy, no role is small and every person plays a part in the development of our game changing technology. We work on the frontline of connected car innovation.
The supply management team is responsible for the sourcing, manufacturing development, execution, and production of Navdy’s unique mechanical enclosure parts. The team also manages the procurement of all electronics components and the total unit assembly. Part of Navdy’s core business is the creation of innovative and beautifully designed products and as such, management of the supply chains is required to be equally unique, innovative and specialized.
The team must be able to innovate not only our products, but also the very business processes by which we accomplish our objectives. The complicated balance between the need to achieve ground breaking mechanical developments, and business execution creates challenges that require bridging engineering risks to manufacturing capabilities to business needs. This is critical for bringing products to market and therefore involves interactions with the executive teams of both Navdy and the entire supply base.
Navdy is continuing to grow in our offerings and volumes. This growth presents opportunities to select individuals who have demonstrated aggressive innovative thinking in their career development.
As part of the supply chain org you will directly help bring to market products and technology that are continuously redefining the market. That means these are high visibility roles, demanding roles that will put the right candidates on a fast path to leadership positions.
What you’ll be responsible to accomplish:
- Supply Chain Management: Identification, development, negotiation and management of existing and further development of Navdy suppliers.
- Cost: Development, negotiation and execution of a part and assembly cost strategy.
- Build Support: On site management of contract manufacturing partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp.
- Managing on-time-delivery: Schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet demand.
- Risk Mitigation: Evaluating technical and business risks using data based analysis and developing sound risk mitigation alternatives.
- Cross-functional support: Work closely with industrial design, product development and other operations team.
What we’re looking for:
- We are looking for individuals who are excellent communicators, at home in multinational environments, driven and motivated to accomplish world-class objectives, and yet thrive on details.
- The ideal individuals will have advanced educational background and a career path covering operations, supply chains, logistics and business.
- Solid program management skills and an ability to lead peers is essential.
- Knowledge of engineering practices and development,manufacturing practices/techniques, or other technical background would be a definite plus.
- That said, the primary selection criteria will be the level of accomplishment demonstrated in whatever field the individual has chosen.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required and an MBA is preferred.
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted “Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 – Automotive” by Fast Company, is creating a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction free driving experience for the modern driver.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and venture money in the bank.
Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit www.navdy.com.