The Genius engineering team builds and maintains a website and apps that are used by 95 million people every month. The majority of the content—lyrics, annotations, and metadata—is crowdsourced by an engaged group of contributors using a complex and ever evolving technical platform.
Genius is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to architect and implement new features on that platform. We’re looking for makers with a sophisticated code sense: folks who’ve built cool things, but who can also maintain and scale those things, and who feel at home deep in the guts of a library.
- Build and maintain web application features, primarily with Rails
- Work closely with application infrastructure to scale backend services to tens of thousands of requests per minute
- Develop the APIs that our Android and iPhone apps and web frontend consume
- Write PostgreSQL queries and migrations that scale to large tables with 50M+ rows
- Work closely with product team to define feature specifications
- On-call duty to respond to urgent bugs or outages
- Significant experience writing and deploying code on a large-scale production app
- Significant experience with Ruby on Rails
- Significant experience with at least one front end framework: Angular, Ember, React, or similar
- Significant experience working with relational databases and writing SQL queries
- 3+ years experience with Rails development
- 3+ years experience with Angular
- 3+ years experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Design and build an activity stream scalable to 100M+ events and a filterable “firehose” interface for consuming them
- HTTP-cache all pages at the edge for logged-out users only
- Develop a system for associating annotations to arbitrary DOM that can change out from under you
- Calculate document ownership based on edit history with hundreds of distinct authors
- Develop representation for rich text that’s portable to native iOS and Android environments
- Create framework for caching partial templates
- Design a domain-specific language and implementation of site-wide rate limits for spammy or abusive behavior
- Fingerprint artist names to prevent duplicate data with low false-positive rate
To apply for this job please visit genius.com.