At Navdy, no role is small and every person plays a part in the development of our game changing technology. We work on the frontline of connected car innovation.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Project Manager with experience in taking projects from inception to launch. As a member of the Engineering team, you’ll be working in a fast-paced, tight-knit group. The role requires strong execution, organization and ability to drive towards completion. This is a role that will cross-functionally interact with all the teams in Engineering (QA, Hardware, and Software Development), as well as Manufacturing, Product, and Operations.
What you’ll be responsible to accomplish:
- Coordinate with Product Management, HW Engineering, and Operations to monitor the product lifecycle from NPI to launch and sustaining
- Lead project task planning, scheduling, execution, and reporting across Hardware Development and QA teams in Engineering
- Run weekly task planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, and project progress meetings
- Own and report to senior management the project status and critical path for project completion; identify, communicate, and mitigate execution risk
- Deliver product on time and within budget
- Drive a continuous improvement feedback cycle
- Configure and contribute to the PMO knowledge base for organization, training, and project documentation
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of project management experience working with development and test engineering teams
- Strong track record of on-time project delivery and managing entire project life cycle
- Solid understanding of hardware and software development lifecycles
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies (agile, scrum, and waterfall) as well as the engineering feasibility lifecycle
- Experience managing highly technical, multiple concurrent projects
- Comfortableness with a rapidly evolving start-up environment
- Experience in consumer electronics, mechanical, electrical or project management
- Understanding of BOM systems and maintenance
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted “Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 – Automotive” by Fast Company, is creating a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction free driving experience for the modern driver.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and venture money in the bank. Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit www.navdy.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉