We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
Primary Location Roseville, United States
Job ID 1004894
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Cyber Security is seeking a Security Analyst to join a world-class information security team. The Defense Center Analysts are responsible for the real-time analysis of incoming cyber security alerts. This includes the initial triage and escalation of the alert, as well as the investigation and remediation of all types of potential cyber threats ranging from minor events to major incidents. Analysts are empowered to actively shape the way HPE does cyber security operations. They play a key role in refining, implementing and identifying new processes, technologies and solutions.
- Analyze, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents
- Investigate incidents using HPE ArcSight
- Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast moving environment
- Provide subject matter expertise to colleagues and product development teams
- Communicate and coordinate with other HPE Cyber Security teams, internal business units and upper management
- Technical IT knowledge in one or more of these areas:
- IT Security
- System administration
- Technical support
- Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network- and host-based security technologies
- Knowledge of the current IT threat landscape and emerging trends in cyber security
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Information security related experience in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, system patching, log analysis, intrusion detection, or security device administration.
Shift – Rotating shifts, no night shift
Travel – Up to 10%
What HPE has to offer:
- Great work-life balance
- Technical career path mentoring
- Multiple career advancement options
- Working on the forefront of information security
- Help develop new and emerging security technologies
About HPE Cyber Security
HPE Cyber Security is responsible for the transformation and development of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise corporate information security program. Our mission is to protect HPE with world-class, extensible security capabilities, showcase HPE security solutions and advance HPE’s business objectives by effectively managing risk.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hpe.com.