You will work closely with our CTO and other developers to further develop the core Mailbird platform, as we work towards implementing more advanced and business-oriented features.
You will contribute to the planning and designing of these new features, and you will participate in our weekly sprint meetings with the whole team on Skype.
The ideal applicant is a perfectionist with an impeccable attention to detail, whether it be UI, UX or code. Someone who understands the importance of, and is comfortable with, delegating, and enjoys doing code review and working with other developers.
Because of our diverse team in different timezones, you must also be comfortable working remotely, with a high level of initiative and self-motivation. Additionally, a certain level of multitasking ability is also required, as we often work on multiple tasks at once, to avoid downtime if waiting for someone or something to complete.
- Coordinate coding tasks with the rest of the development team (4 people).
- Work with the team to ensure all code is of the highest standards.
- Help to plan, design and develop new features and improvements.
- Help the whole team to improve code quality and coding practices.
- Minimum 5 years C# Windows application programming experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with WPF and MVVM.
- Experience managing other developers a big plus.
- Experience with Xamarin and/or Android a plus.
- Structured with good practices in writing, documenting and maintaining clean code.
- Passion for building high quality, performant applications with a focus on the little things.
- Enjoys doing code reviews and helping other developers to improve.
- Familiarity with Git version control a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Can take initiative and feel comfortable both working alone and part of a team.
WHY WORK FOR MAILBIRD?
One of the best parts of working with Mailbird is the incredible team and culture we have. We encourage a balance of high productivity with other parts of life like health, wellness, learning, personal development and of course fun! We have fun with what we are working on in collaboration with a team of like-minded, smart, creative people who execute and get things done. We focus on solutions and getting things done, which creates a highly engaged work culture. At Mailbird, each and every one of us is passionate about what we are building, and this makes our creations each day incredibly rewarding, challenging and enjoyable all at the same time – it’s never boring with the Mailbird family! It’s a huge perk to have the flexibility to be able to work from anywhere, which the majority of companies do not offer their team members. Everyone is challenged to step outside of their comfort zone, learn and work towards their greatest potential. Even when you get stuck, you will always have a very supportive team who’s got your back no matter what. This is part of the Mailbird culture.
Mailbird’s truly the best email client in the world – simply because it’s beautiful, smart and unifies the clutter of communication and productivity tools we use today. Mailbird is the best email client in the world because of the incredible people and team behind this company. Mailbird is highly competitive against other email clients out there, where Outlook is outdated, Thunderbird stopped development and the rest lack in so many key usability factors that don’t adapt to our modern means of work, collaboration and communication. We chose email at Mailbird, because email is the core tool that is universally used and expected when handling online communication. Mailbird is part of an industry where billions of email accounts are interacted with every day, and you and the rest of the Mailbird team can make a major impact on the future of work, communication and productivity with Mailbird.
Send us your full resume, a cover letter AND a link to your GitHub account (or any other online code repository).
To apply for this job please visit liv.it.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉