Guided by passion and open-minded ideas, Rimac Automobili develops and produces high-performance electric vehicles, drivetrains and battery systems.
Rimac Automobili is looking for a young Mechanical Engineer for the development of complex electro-mechanic devices such as battery-packs, battery systems, power distribution units etc. A basic understanding of electronics and power circuits is mandatory. The candidate must be able to choose and incorporate power unit components based on existing electronics. We are looking for engineers that are familiar with the process of developing complex systems from the idea to the finished product. As components like power electronics and battery-packs always face thermal challenges – skills related to thermal systems development and analysis will be very useful. The ideal candidate has a strong passion for cars, technology and engineering with a background of automotive mechanical engineering education and additional projects. As a fast-moving company, we adopt new techniques and technologies on a regular basis so you must be ready for constant learning and embracing new technologies.
- Battery-pack and components development
- CAD modeling of mechanical components (structural components, cooling circuits etc)
- Thermal analysis
- Installation routing layout in CAD software
- Electrical components layout – in cooperation with electrical engineers
- Technical drawings and production documentation
- Managing product development from ideas to prototypes to production-runs
- Communication with co-workers, vendors and customers
- Good knowledge of CAD software
- Good knowledge of electro-mechanics
- Basic knowledge in thermal analysis and cooling circuit development
- Knowledge of technological processes
- Familiarity with machine shop manufacturing procedures (CNC-milling, turning) and understanding of parts and tolerances
- Experience with thermal management
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Familiarity with different battery chemistries
- Experience in automotive industry
To apply for this job please visit www.rimac-automobili.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉