Java Automation Engineer – Mid-level
About the Job:
At Feedzai testing is one of the key elements for producing top quality software. As such we are always trying to break our own code. A Java Automation Engineer is included in the planning of our features and works directly with the developers in order to deliver world class quality software.
We are looking for talented and bold testers with an engineering background who love quality code, clear and precise metrics and to automate things. All this to make sure that clients get the best possible solution in their hands.
Our technology enables customers to detect and prevent fraud and risk before anyone else by deriving insights from data and interacting with upstream and downstream systems to influence the outcome of every transaction or event.
We work with ground breaking technology (from complex event processing to NoSQL, Spark, among others) to come to the best possible solution for our customers and trust our engineers to weigh in and participate in the decision making process, as well in the end-to-end construction of the system. Often, it is not clear how that is achieved and we discover and refine them through hard work, rapid iteration, and perceptiveness.
Ideal candidates learn and adapt quickly and will be able to use every tool at their disposal—software, algorithms, data structures, protocols and beyond—to understand and effectively tackle hard problems. They like to keep up to speed with new technologies and new ways of doing things and are always contributing to advancing Feedzai´s way of working.
About the Team:
This position is part of our Client Delivery Team. Our Client Delivery Team is currently deployed 100% of their time at the client’s location in Atlanta where they are engaged in a number of major deployments.
The expected duration of the project(s) in Atlanta is 12-18 months, or until the next contract extension which would also based in Atlanta in expected 12-month intervals. If and when the Atlanta onsite project(s) end, you will be assigned a new project with a new client and start the 100% on-site ramp up period again for that new project which can be anywhere in the USA.
At the start of each new project outside Atlanta, there is a requirement to be 100% on-site for a period of 2-3 months with regular once a month weekend fly backs that Feedzai pays for. Based on each client’s unique requirements, there could be options to work remotely thereafter for the remainder of each project with periodic trips back to the client location which Feedzai will pay for.
- Work directly with the development teams, project manager and even the client to understand the project scope and project features
- Using the acquired knowledge on the project scope and features, develop test suites and test cases autonomously to validate the correct behavior of the system
- Build advanced and automated test suites and tools to exercise our products
- Work with the development and test engineering teams to automate testing
- Analyze and decompose complicated software system and design a strategy to test the system
- Work directly with our Delivery Engineers and potentially our clients to devise the best possible test plan and infrastructure to test our solutions
- Develop and evolve automated testing suites and frameworks to create safety nets for regression and integration tests that provide an additional layer of certainty in what regards the quality of the deliverables
- Be proficient with our toolkit (Jenkins, Nexus, etc) and suggest and implement new ones as it makes sense
- 2+ years relevant work experience after your most recent educational degree obtained
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Relevant work experience, including development and/or test automation experience
- Proficient in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Highly proficient in build and code quality tools (GIT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar)
- Test planning, specification and execution under several conditions
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Produce high quality and professional work
- Be cable of breaking things!
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Experience or knowledge on CICD technologies such as Docker, Chef or others
- Competitive salary
- Possible stock options
- Possible bonus opportunity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Paid travel to client locations
- High impact with a small but growing team
Feedzai is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Feedzai does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. No Corp-to-Corp/C2C. Feedzai will not agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee without a signed service agreement. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Feedzai explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
To apply for this job please visit feedzai.com.
Hi there and thanks for reading my article! I’m Chris the founder of TechAcute. I write about technology news and share experiences from my life in the enterprise world. Drop by on Twitter and say ‘hi’ sometime. 😉