In the present advanced world, it is quite difficult to see someone who is not familiar with the internet. In fact, most people in the present day have tried to build a home or office computer network to access the internet for all the systems they have.
For this purpose, you need a specially designed device that is known as the router. Yes, the router is one of the most affordable devices that can be used to provide an internet connection for all computers in the easiest manner. However, you can see a wide range of brands available in the market to provide routers for computer users. Each of these routers has unique features in providing the services.
In fact, the routers are provided with the particular IP address at the time you buy for the purpose of accessing the settings of the network. It can be changed later as you wish later. To do so, you need to reset your router and the login information. In this article, you will see the ways to reset the login information of the router in the most effective manner.
Get the default username and password of your router
If you have decided to reset or change the information of your router, you need to initially know about the default username and password of your router. In fact, each brand of router has a unique default username and password. In most cases, the default username of a large number of routers is the admin or the administrator. In the same manner, the password of the router is the admin or simply the password. So, you can try them to access the settings of the router.
In fact, it is highly mandatory to know the existing password and username of the router for changing it in the future. In fact, if you do not know the default username and password, you can get it in different ways.
- Initially, you can refer to the manual of the router to get the information of the username and password.
- The second method to know the login information is to use the command prompt and provide the word ping. It will provide you with the entire details of the router like default IP address, username, and password.
In this way, you can get the login details of the router in the most effective manner.
How to change the login details of the router?
Once you have gained the username and password of your router, you can get the chance to change the settings of the router. As well as, you can also change this username and password. For this purpose, you need to do as following.
- First, you need to open the web browser that is already installed on your system.
- Then, you have to provide the default IP address of your router as http://192.168.1.1/ on the address bar of your web browser.
- Once you have given the right IP address, it can be redirected to the login page of the router.
- Here, you need to provide the username and password of your router. If you have given the items, it can show the window to change the default login details.
- Then, you have to click the change login username or password from the window.
- Now, you need to enter the new username and password in the respective boxes. Then, enter the password for confirming the details.
- If you have changed the settings, you need to click ‘apply’ to save the changed username and password of your router.
This way, you can change the login information of your router through the existing username and password easily.
Resetting the username and password
If the default username and the password you have found are not working, they may be changed in some ways by the network administrator. In some cases, you may also forget the username and password. In this situation, there is a way to change the login details by resetting your router. However, it is quite easy to do for changing the login information in the most effective manner.
Actually, a small pinhole button is available at the back or bottom of the router. You need to press and hold it for 10 to 15 seconds to hard reset the router. Once you have done this action, the router can reset all the default settings and allow you to use the default username and password easily. Once the router has been reset, you can enter the setup screen and change the password to whatever you desire.
Also interesting: How to Use the 192.168.1.254 IP Address
Actually, 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address for most router brands like Linksys, Netgear, and more. As it is a private IP address, it can only be used within the network.
About the Author
This article has been provided by Masha Winget, a technology writer & blogger by profession. I love to write articles for many online communities, blogs, & websites related to computer tips & new technologies.
Photo credit: Sean MacEntee / Michael Himbeault / Matt J Newman