Neato Robotics is a venture-funded startup developing robotic-based household appliances.
Neato Robotics is a technology and market leader in home robots that improve people’s lives.
Our award winning products include Neato Botvac Connected, a Wi-Fi enabled robot vacuum with intelligent navigation that can be controlled via a smartphone.
Our high performance team consists of roboticists, engineers, marketing and sales professionals who have worked with some of the best brands in consumer products.
Our management team is seasoned in taking startups from early stages to multinational enterprises.
We sell worldwide and our main office is in Newark, California.
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics intends to hire a world class addition to our growing team.
This is an opportunity to join a team dedicated to build a significant company in the emerging consumer robotics space.
If you are ready to be part of the next revolution of home robots, have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on making direct and integral contributions, then Neato Robotics could be the perfect opportunity for you. We offer competitive compensation as well as an equity opportunity.
For more information on Neato Robotics, please visit our web site atwww.neatorobotics.com
We are looking for talented engineers to join our growing team in Newark, CA.
As a core part of the company strategy, Neato Robotics seeks to hire a world class Senior Robotics Software Engineer reporting to the Director of Systems Engineering.
As a Senior Robotics Software Engineer at Neato you will be responsible for architecture and implementation of the navigation, mapping and localization software that runs at the core of the highest-performance mass market navigation system on the planet. You will have an opportunity to span the stack from real-time embedded software to navigation, path planning and mobile connectivity. You will work directly with Hardware Engineering on specifications for future robotic platforms.
At the end of the day you will hold a critical role in ensuring Neato’s robots continue to improve people’s lives through more sophisticated versions of the platform.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or Robotics with 4+ years experience in software development for robotics platforms
- Responsible for architecture and implementation of Bayesian Filter-based localization algorithms (SLAM, Kalman Filter, EKF, Particle Filter, etc)
- Responsible for architecture and implementation of mobile robot path planning systems (A*, Dijkstra, Graph Search, etc)
Neato Robotics Inc.
- Substantial experience with C and C++ development on real-time, embedded platforms
- Experience integrating sensor data from multiple sources (LIDAR, camera, sonar, ultrasonic, IMU, etc)
- Experience operating within Agile environments
- Ability to operate within git repositories
- Strong communication and organization skills, experience working with small cross-functional teams (mechanical, electrical, software, product management)
- Systems programming experience on Linux/QNX (drivers, user applications, bootloader, etc)
- Design and implementation of computer vision algorithms
- Design and implementation of machine learning algorithms
- Good documentation discipline including the ability to manage engineering specifications and author test plans
- Experience taking software deliverables from prototype to volume production (including designing for scale, authoring test plans, coordinating deployments with operations)
- Experience and interest in robotics and connected devices
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.neatorobotics.com/company/careers/ →