At Navdy, no role is small and every person plays a part in the development of our game changing technology. We work on the frontline of connected car innovation.
Navdy is looking for a motivated and talented senior mechanical engineer to contribute to the development of our Heads Up Display (HUD). You will be a key member of the product team, analyzing, designing, validating, and testing all aspects of the design’s physical and functional system requirements. You will be a key part for mechanical design and manufacturing efforts, and you will be working with the whole development team in building high-quality products.
What you’ll be responsible to accomplish:
- Own mechanical design in a fast-paced startup environment
- Develop test plans to validate product performance requirements
- Work closely with internal and external teams to manage risks and keep projects on schedule
- Be a key liaison with Navdy’s manufacturing partners
What we’re looking for:
- BSME degree with 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Industry experience designing consumer electronics products with tight constraints
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams to define, design, build, and test new products.
- Proficiency in Creo or similar 3D CAD/Modeling software
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly principles
- And tolerance, thermal, and structural analysis
- Knowledge of designing metal and and plastic parts with high cosmetic requirements
- Experience in planning, performing and documenting environmental tests, especially thermal and vibration testing
- Experience creating part and assembly drawings as well as related documents for QA/QC check
- Ability to travel overseas to work with manufacturing partners from time to time
- Mechanical and material mounting in automotive environments is a big plus
- Knowledge of optical design and manufacturing processes appreciated
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted “Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 – Automotive” by Fast Company, is creating a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction free driving experience for the modern driver.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and venture money in the bank. Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.navdy.com/jobs →