Discuss.io connects brands with consumers around the globe in real time through a video conferencing platform built for conducting market research and gathering consumer insights.
At Discuss.io, we enable brands to connect and speak directly with consumers around the globe and in real-time. At our core, we’re a technology company with a mission to democratize the multi-billion dollar market research industry. Funded by Unilever Ventures and other private investors, we are bringing the traditional, long, and arduous process of conducting market research into the digital age through our online video conferencing platform. Today, Discuss.io is powering consumer connection and empathy programs at many of the world’s leading brands, including Unilever, Godrej, Danone, Nestle, and SCA, among others.
We are looking for a Senior VoIP engineer to help us design, evolve, and scale this #1 video conferencing platform to its next stage. If the words WebRTC, FreeSWITCH, Plivo, and Twilio make your heart skip a beat, then keep reading. If you like creating simple, efficient, eloquent, intuitive and software, we would love to see what you can do.
- This is a mission critical role for Discuss.io. Reporting to the VP of Product, you responsibilities will entail:
- Leading architecture design and direction.
- Leading integration of real-time telephony and video services in Discuss.io platform.
- Working on all phases of integration of telephony and VoIP solutions — from analysis and design through implementation and support.
- Continuously developing expertise in VoIP-related protocols, specifications, solutions and keeping up to date with the industry standards.
- Building processes and procedures for engineering excellence.
- Assisting in defining product requirements.
- Applying the agile development methodology and processes.
- Targeting ideas for patentable material.
- 5 + years relevant software experience – preference given to roles at a startup(s)
- Experience with FreeSWITCH, WebRTC, Plivo, and Twilio APIs desirable but not required.
- 5 + years of experience with websocket components – Nginx, WebSockets, Redis, Node.JS.
- 5 + years Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience.
- Must have strong UNIX/Linux fundamentals.
- Expertise in many of the following technologies: LAMP Stack, PHP, Yii framework, ORM/SQL, jQuery, Riot|React, tools like composer, bower, npm, cssless, memcache, redis, phpunit, and JSON/REST APIs is a strong plus.
- Experience building scalable cloud architecture.
- Experience leveraging GPL software.
- Must have excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Code Magician Skills – The ability to make people go, “Whoa! How did you do that!?”
- Proven track record of defining/building/shipping engaging software products.
- Solid agile development practitioner.
- Very knowledgeable about VoIP protocols, specifications, solutions, as well as standard Internet building blocks such as TCP, UDP, network routing protocols, DNS, IP security.
- Possess an experimental mindset i.e. deploy experiments and track metrics to uncover issues and discover improvements.
Why you should join us
- We are a rapidly growing team of customer obsessed individuals and are headquartered in the lovely neighborhood of Fremont, Seattle.
- We place a lot of value in knowledge sharing, so being a team player is a must.
- We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, innovation, and freakishly friendly customer service.
- We offer interesting and challenging problems to solve, independence, as well as opportunities to learn and grow.
- As a part of our team, you’ll be able to clearly see the impact of your work and have a voice in decision-making processes.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.discuss.io/careers/ →