At Navdy, no role is small and every person plays a part in the development of our game changing technology. We work on the frontline of connected car innovation.
Navdy is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Lead iOS Engineer. Join a small focused team working on Navdy’s mobile app technology!
Building an app that controls a piece of never-before-seen technology is not easy—simply put. Navdy needs someone who’s able to oscillate between strategizing at the 35,000 foot view and executing at the ground level. This role requires someone who loves iOS, wants to learn and use the latest APIs and work with some of the latest IoT technologies that the SDK enables. Sound like fun? It is! We’re writing our app totally in Swift, so come build using the newest toolkit around. In this role, you will make important decisions and influence the direction of the Navdy App—so, you won’t be bored!
What you’ll be responsible to accomplish:
- Architect, design and build new features that connect to the Navdy HUD and platform
- Collaborate with an excellent cross-functional team to build delightful products and experiences
- Scope and assess new features and capabilities taking into consideration software design, validation, implementation to shape the direction of future iOS products
- Scale distributed applications, make architectural tradeoffs applying synchronous and asynchronous design patterns, write code, and deliver with speediness and quality
- Debug and optimize complex iOS applications on real devices
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years work experience in primarily iOS development
- BS degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or related technical field
- Comfortable sweating the details to create a refined user interfaces
- Deep technical knowledge of mobile application development
- Competent in Cocoa design patterns and API design
- Experience with Bluetooth networking and technologies like MFi and HomeKit
- Comfortable starting products from scratch working independently and building a strong technical foundation
- Have published one or more applications in the App Store
Why you want to work at Navdy:
What does it feel like to WANT to come into the office everyday? How about working alongside fellow engineers, designers, and other fanatic creatives? Do you want to be in the center of San Francisco’s SOMA district alongside other titans of industry? Welcome home.
We are hardware geeks. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
Working at Navdy means working with a team of doers on an ambitious project, getting inspired in a state-of-the-art workspace, and feeling the self-satisfaction of building a product that’s fixing a problem that affects all of us everyday. Are you ready?
Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted “Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 – Automotive” by Fast Company, is creating a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction free driving experience for the modern driver. Navdy feels like driving in the future and will change the relationship you have with your phone and car forever.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, plenty of food in the kitchen, and venture money in the bank. Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.navdy.com/jobs →