We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
Primary Location Houston, United States
Job ID 1004758
Global Solutions Engineering (GSE) is a sales engineering organization under HPE EG Sales function.We have an exciting opportunity for an Enterprise Data Architect position in the GSE team who will engage with HPE customers, HPE field solution architects to develop innovative solutions to data management, data analytics and data processing problems.
- Design and develop innovative and effective approaches to solve data management, processing and analytics problems.
- Conceive, develop and author technical reference architecture documents, technical white papers
- Identify ideas and reusable solutions that can be further developed to drive HPE revenue growth
- Evaluate new technologies, products and concepts applicable to the data management domain to identify opportunities for HPE to grow market share
- Develops business and technology strategy and roadmap
- Proactively assists in the development of the technical community. Shares knowledge and technical expertise through publishing, teaching and/or mentoring.
- Guides management on technical direction and participates in the analysis of emerging technologies.
- Assist in development and delivery of training.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced team members
- Communicate the value of HPE technology solution in business terms to senior management and customers
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Sciences or a related discipline
- Overall IT industry experience of 15 years
- 5+ years of experience as an IT solutions architect
- 5+ years of experience in working with a traditional database management systems (any one of Oracle DB, SQL server, SAP Hana, MySQL)
- 2+ years of experience working with NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Couchbase)
- 2+ years of experience with data processing frameworks, such as Hadoop, Apache Spark
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of the IT industry technology concepts related to data management, data processing and data analytics
- Has pulse on future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions (“trusted advisor” role).
- Broad knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices and how to apply them appropriately in solutions.
- Ability to work individually, in international teams, and with customer projects on a worldwide scale.
- A mindset with strong customer focus, service orientation, stewardship, and drive to further position HPE as a leader is key to be successful in this role.
- Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers.
- In-depth knowledge of a relational database system (Oracle DB, Microsoft SQL server or SAP HANA)
- In-depth knowledge of big data processing framework and tools, such as Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.
- Hands on programming skills in languages including but not limited to: Python, Java, Scala, R
- SQL programming
- Knowledge of server hardware platforms and architectures, disk/ssd based storage platforms
- Knowledge and insight in to systems performance considerations (server platform, operating system, hypervisor, disk/file systems) as it relates to data management systems
- Ability to design and present high-impact messages to customer’s senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with multiple audience levels, including senior level management and customers.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills with proven capability to represent the company at external customer and industry events.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
Leadership & Mentorship
- Provides thought leadership and guidance to team members, peers and colleagues
- Makes consistent and ongoing high quality contributions (at least 2 per year) to the company knowledge systems that are recognized by the technical community in HPE
- Leads development and delivery of training at internal events, trade shows and industry events
To apply for this job please visit careers.hpe.com.