As Engine Programmer on our Prototyping team you will help defining the direction of CRYENGINE.
You will develop samples, templates and new features for CRYENGINE as well as identify problems and solve them.
- Develop and utilize new samples, templates and features for CRYENGINE.
- Continuously communicate to all teams (internal and external) to identify the areas for functional improvement.
- Taking ownership of technical issues & questions.
- Work closely with other departments to provide solutions and resolve advanced technical issues.
- Adopt existing development processes and look for improvements.
- Creating high quality and user friendly software documentation.
- Willing to train customers (internal and external), if required.
- Taking initiative and be willing to expand own horizon.
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science, a similar degree or comparable experience.
- 2+ years of professional game development or similar programming experience.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Experience with contemporary development processes.
- Experience working with scripting languages and/or node-based scripting.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Experience with any game engines preferably experience with CRYENGINE.
- Team player and self-driven.
- Willing to learn.
- Solid English skills, good communication skills with strong affinity for transparence.
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main area, Germany.
- C# programming skills.
- Passion for making games.
- Experience with Console game development.
What you can expect from us:
- A refreshing yet highly professional atmosphere in a diverse team.
- Flexible work time.
- Free public transportation ticket, which lets you use public transport free of charge 24/7.
- Free onsite German lessons for our employees and partners / spouses.
- Company language is English. Any additional language is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Extensive assistance with getting visa, work permits and communication with local authorities.
- Relocation support.
- A company apartment for your first few months and help in finding a private apartment….and many more!
Crytek is an independent videogame developer, publisher, and technology provider dedicated to pushing the boundaries of gaming with its cutting-edge 3D game development solution CRYENGINE. With headquarters in Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and studios in Kiev (Ukraine) and Istanbul (Turkey), Crytek has created multiple award-winning titles, including the original Far Cry, the Crysis series, Ryse: Son of Rome, Warface, and The Climb. Crytek delivers fun and innovative gaming experiences for PC, consoles, and VR and continues to grow its reach in the games-as-a-service market. Every Crytek game is created with CRYENGINE, which can be used by anyone to create games on a Pay What You Want business model.
For more information visit www.crytek.com and www.cryengine.com.