RiskIQ provides organizations the visibility and intelligence they need to secure their Enterprise Digital Footprint and map their Adversaries’ infrastructure.
RiskIQ is a cybersecurity company that helps organizations discover and protect their external facing known, unknown and third-party web, mobile and social digital assets. The company’s External Threat Management platform combines a worldwide proxy and sensor network with clients that emulate users to monitor, detect and take actions against threats. RiskIQ is being used by thousands of companies including F500s and leading financial institutions to protect their web assets and users from external security threats. It is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by growth equity firms Summit Partners and Battery Ventures.
Our Data Science team is at the core of advancing our technologies that will compose our next generation of internet and mobile security products. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated team member with a passion for solving the challenging problems our business faces. As a Hadoop Engineer, you will design, build, and scale our Hadoop ecosystem, which empowers our Data Science team to deliver game-changing intelligence from both existing and new/novel data sources. Relocation is available for the right candidate.
Your responsibilities will include
- Participate in architecting and building scalable applications using elements of Hadoop ecosystem.
- Determining feasibility and rapidly developing proof of concept code based on ideas that are produced from the Data Science team.
- Partnering with our Engineering team to implement successful products into the RiskIQ platform.
- Work with our DevOps team to scale our data infrastructure.
- Creating new ways to extract interesting insights from existing research analysis.
- Analyzing, designing, developing, and testing of your projects to meet deadlines and exacting standards.
- BS or higher in Applied Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or related field
- Senior Developer with 6 years overall experience in Java technologies and Big Data.
- Proven ability to build large, reliable, scalable infrastructure
- 4+ years of advanced, hands-on experience with the Hadoop eco-system:
- Strong SQL experience to analyze, transform, and integrate high volume, complex data sources.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Infrastructure at both the physical and the logical level
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights and technical approach through conversation, documentation, and presentation.
- Proficiency with the following:
- Job orchestration systems (e.g. Oozie, Luigi, Airflow)
- Advanced file formats (e.g. Parquet, Avro, ORC)
- Stream processing systems (e.g. Spark, Storm, Flink)
- Search engines (e.g. ElasticSearch, Solr, Lucene)
- Desired experience with some of the following technologies:
- Machine learning experience
- Amazon Web Services or other cloud-based providers/solutions
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Work environment- A unique open penthouse (top floor) work environment with no cubicles, where you will work in a high volume team environment of truly inspired individuals who are passionately curious, always willing to get their hands dirty, highly competitive and with a strong will to win.
- Fascinating work – Welcome to the underbelly of the Internet. It is the golden age of Internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the domain knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We are a company on the uptick – We have a proven business model: we were profitable after our first year of business, and we continue to grow our profits year over year. Our client list reads like the Hollywood A-list of tech and financial Fortune 50 companies.
- Talent begets talent – Our team and founders are the reason people join us. Our CEO is a respected industry expert with vast domain knowledge, and our CTO exudes knowledge, skill, and a tremendous work ethic. Both sweat knowledge from their pores, and it’s all yours if you’re able to soak it up.
- Unbounded opportunity – We are small and we are growing. You will be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle – new career development opportunities constantly pop up given our growth rate.