RiskIQ provides organizations the visibility and intelligence they need to secure their Enterprise Digital Footprint and map their Adversaries’ infrastructure.
RiskIQ protects corporate brands and their customers on the Internet. The company combines a worldwide proxy network with synthetic clients that emulate users to monitor, detect and take down malicious and copycat apps, drive by malware and malvertisements. RiskIQ is being used by leading financial institutions and brands in the US to protect their web assets and users from security threats and fraud. We are in San Francisco, backed by growth equity firms Summit Partners and Battery Ventures.
RiskIQ is looking for a Data Analyst Intern to work closely with our Chief Data Scientist in our San Francisco office. You will have a chance to dig through a wide variety of data and gain experience analyzing it at scale using the Hadoop eco-system. If you aspire to be a data scientist and are excited about Internet security, this is a great opportunity.
General contribution and responsibilities.
Your Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Help maintain and improve data quality.
- Triage misclassified instances to improve classification accuracy.
- Monitor and report on the efficacy of the various machine learning models over time.
- Create interesting visualizations for various publications (e.g. presentations, blog posts, white papers).
What is RiskIQ looking for in this role?
- Experience with a statistical programming language: R, Matlab/Octave or Python with numpy, pandas, matplotlib, etc
- Experience with Linux command line tools: grep, awk, sed, etc
- Experience with a scripting language: Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash
- Plus: Hadoop, SQL experience
Why work at RiskIQ?
- Fascinating work – Welcome to the underbelly of the Internet. It is the golden age of Internet crime, and we are at the forefront of defensive efforts to stem the tide. Internet security is a global growth industry, and the domain knowledge you acquire here will be a marketable skill for decades to come.
- We are a company on the uptick – We have a proven business model: we were profitable after our first year of business, and we continue to grow our profits year over year. Our client list reads like the Hollywood A-list of tech and financial Fortune 50 companies.
- Talent begets talent – Our team and founders are the reason people join us. Our CEO is a respected industry expert with vast domain knowledge, and our CTO exudes knowledge, skill, and a tremendous work ethic. Both sweat knowledge from their pores, and it’s all yours if you’re able to soak it up.
- Unbounded opportunity – We are small and we are growing. You will be provided with as much responsibility as you can handle – new career development opportunities constantly pop up given our growth rate.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.riskiq.com/about/careers/ →