Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As the Corporate Operations Engineer within the IT Support Technician team, your mission is to enable the people and technology that keep Google running. Your team provides the front line user support for all of our internal tools and technologies. Beyond the day-to-day, the team will contribute to longer-term technical projects, process improvement and the documentation efforts that help make the Google magic happen.
As an Audio-Visual Collaboration Design Engineer, you will play a key role in designing collaboration rooms, services and systems globally for Google.
Working alongside our VC product team, workplace designers, and UX teams, you’ll play a pivotal role in defining the product lifecycle. You’ll improve the reliability, functionality, and quality of our existing technology, and you’ll develop the future of AV and videoconferencing design within collaboration rooms.
In this role, you will own Google’s collaboration room technical standards and designs through the product lifecycle. You will work with our VC Hardware team to suggest, test and qualify new hardware. You will also work with our workplace design team to develop future collaboration environments and internal UX teams to set and measure outcomes. You will also improve our installation standards and our associated QA process.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We’re always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Collaborate with peers, end users, managers, and internal and external partners to design and develop superb AV services and solutions.
- Support the AV Deployments team in the implementation of systems throughout Google’s offices.
- Develop and monitor project schedules and timelines to identify and meet critical milestones.
- Contribute to the research and development of next-generation AV solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve AV system issues.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- AV design and project management experience.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting AV/VC hardware and software.
- AV/VC design experience in large organizations, with demonstrable AV/VC knowledge and skills. CTS, CTS-D certifications from InfoComm.
- Demonstrated time management, project management, leadership and organizational skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Interest in AV/VC technology, open standards, and open source.
- Ability to use cloud-based user productivity systems and AV hardware and software, including AV testing equipment.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.google.com/jobs#!t=jo&jid=/google/audio-visual-design-engineer-1-13-st-giles-high-st-london-uk-2562700273& →